Risk FactorsInvesting in our shares involves a high degree of risk. You should purchase shares only if you can afford a complete loss of your investment. See "Risk Factors" beginning on page 18 of the prospectus. Significant risks relating to your investment in our shares include, among others:
- We have a limited operating history and limited established financing sources and may be unable to successfully implement our business and acquisition strategies or generate sufficient cash flow to make distributions to our shareholders.
- Our success will be dependent on the performance of the Manager and the Sub-Manager, but you should not rely on the past performance of the Manager, the Sub-Manager and their respective affiliates as an indication of future success. Prior to this offering, affiliates of CNL have only sponsored real estate and credit investment programs.
- We pay substantial fees and expenses to the Manager, the Sub-Manager, the Managing Dealer or their respective affiliates. These payments increase the risk that you will not earn a profit on your investment.
- This offering is initially a "blind pool" offering, and therefore, you will not have the opportunity to evaluate the assets we acquire before we make them, which makes an investment in us more speculative. We face risks with respect to the evaluation and management of future acquisitions.
- This is a "best efforts" offering and if we are unable to raise substantial funds, we will be limited in the number and type of acquisitions we may make, and the value of your investment in us will fluctuate with the performance of the assets we acquire.
- Our shares sold in this offering will not be listed on an exchange or quoted through a national quotation system for the foreseeable future, if ever. Therefore, if you purchase shares in this offering, you will have limited liquidity and may not receive a full return of your invested capital if you sell your shares.
- The purchase price for our shares is based on our most recently determined net asset value, and is not based on any public trading market. While our board of directors has engaged an independent valuation firm to assist with the valuation of our businesses, the valuation of our assets is inherently subjective, and our net asset value may not accurately reflect the actual price at which our assets could be liquidated on any given day.
- The amount of any distributions we may pay is uncertain. We may not be able to pay you distributions, or be able to sustain them once we begin paying distributions, and our distributions may not grow over time. We may pay distributions from any source, including from cash resulting from expense support and fee deferrals and/or waivers from the Manager and the Sub-Manager as needed, and there are no limits on the amount of offering proceeds we may use to fund distributions. If we pay distributions from sources other than cash flow from operations, we will have less funds available for investments, and your overall return may be reduced. We believe the likelihood that we will pay distributions from sources other than cash flow from operations will be higher in the early stages of this offering.
- The Manager, the Sub-Manager and their respective affiliates, including our officers and some of our directors, will face conflicts of interest including conflicts that may result from compensation arrangements with us and our affiliates, which could result in actions that are not in the best interests of our shareholders.
- If we were to become taxable as a corporation for U.S. federal income tax purposes, we would be required to pay income tax at corporate rates on our net income and distributions by us to shareholders would constitute dividend income taxable to such shareholders, to the extent of our earnings and profits.
- Our board of directors may change our business and acquisition policies and strategies without prior notice or shareholder approval, the effects of which may be adverse to you.
Additional Risk Factors Related to Our Private Offering:
- Our Class FA shares sold in this offering will neither be (i) listed on an exchange or quoted through a national quotation system for the foreseeable future, if ever, nor (ii) registered under the Securities Act and thereby be subject to a number of restrictions on transfer. Therefore, if you purchase our Class FA shares in this offering, you will have limited liquidity and may not receive a full return of your invested capital if you sell your shares.
- The purchase price for our Class FA shares is based on our most recently determined net asset value, and is not based on any public trading market. While our board of directors has engaged an independent valuation firm to assist with the valuation of our businesses, the valuation of our assets is inherently subjective, and our net asset value may not accurately reflect the actual price at which our assets could be liquidated on any given day.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements in this website constitute "forward looking statements." Forward looking statements are statements that do not relate strictly to historical or current facts, but reflect management's current understandings, intentions, beliefs, plans, expectations, assumptions and/or predictions regarding the future of our business and its performance, the economy and other future conditions and forecasts of future events and circumstances. Forward looking statements are typically identified by words such as "believes," "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "estimates," "plans," "continues," "pro forma," "may," "will," "seeks," "should" and "could," and words and terms of similar substance, although not all forward-looking statements include these words.
Our forward looking statements are not guarantees of our future performance and shareholders are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward looking statements. While we believe our forward looking statements are reasonable, such statements are inherently susceptible to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. As with any projection or forecast, forward looking statements are necessarily dependent on assumptions, data and/or methods that may be incorrect or imprecise, and may not be realized. Our forward looking statements are based on our current expectations and a variety of risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are beyond our ability to control or accurately predict.
All written forward-looking statements attributable to us or persons acting on our behalf are qualified in their entirety by these cautionary statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made; we undertake no obligation to, and expressly disclaim any obligation to, update or revise forward-looking statements to reflect new information, changed assumptions, the occurrence of subsequent events, or changes to future operating results over time unless otherwise required by law.